Date of Birth: October 11, 1984
ACADEMIC CONTACT INFORMATION:Dr. Liang Wang, MD, PhD
Department of Hematology
Beijing Tongren Hospital, Capital Medical University
No. 1 Dongjiaominxiang Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China, 100005
EDUCATION2002.09-2005.01: Peking University, China
2005.02-2010.07: Peking Union Medical College, China, got doctor degree in clinical medicine
EXPERIENCE/SERVICE2010.08-2013.12: resident physician, Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center, China
2014.01-2015.12: attending physician, Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center, China
2016.01-2017.06: associate professor, Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center, China
2017.06-2019.11: associate professor, ZhuJiang Hospital of Southern Medical University, China
2019.11-present: associate professor, Beijing Tongren Hospital, China
HONORS AND AWARDS2017-Young innovation award, China
2018-Outstanding young medical talents, Guangdong, China
2019-Young ZhuJiang physician award, Guangdong, China
RESEARCHGrants and Contracts
National Natural Science Foundation of China (contract number:81873450): The role and mechanism of long non-coding RNA BCYRN1 on activation of glycolysis in NK/Tcell lymphoma. Principal Investigator, 01/01/2019-31/12/2022, ￥600,000 RMB total.
National Natural Science Foundation of China (contract number:81400159): The expression and chemo-resistance mechanism of IL-2Ra in NK/T-cell lymphoma. Principal Investigator, 01/01/2015-31/12/2017, ￥230,000 RMB total.
PUBLICATIONSPeer-Reviewed Original Research Articles
1. Bi XW, Wang H, Zhang WW, Wang JH, Liu WJ, Xia ZJ, Huang HQ, Jiang WQ, Zhang Y J and Wang L(corresponding author). PD-L1 is upregulated by EBV-driven LMP1 through NF-kappaB pathway and correlates with poor prognosis in natural killer/T-cell lymphoma. Journal of hematology & oncology. 2016; 9(1):109.
2. Wang L, Wang ZH, Chen XQ, Li YJ, Wang KF, Xia YF, Xia ZJ. First-line combination of gemcitabine, oxaliplatin, and l-asparaginase (gelox) followed by involved-field radiation therapy for patients with stage ie/iie extranodal natural killer/t-cell lymphoma. Cancer. 2013;119:348-355.
3. Wang H, Wang L(co-first author), Chi PD, Wang WD, Chen XQ, Geng QR, Xia ZJ and Lu Y. High level of interleukin-10 in serum predicts poor prognosis in multiple myeloma. British journal of cancer. 2016; 114(4):463-468.
4. Lai QY, He YZ, Peng XW, Zhou X, Liang D, Wang L(corresponding author). Histone deacetylase 1 induced by neddylation inhibition contributes to drug resistance in acute myelogenous leukemia. Cell Commun Signal. 2019;17(1):86.
5. Liang Wang, Xiwen Bi, Yujia Zhu, Yingzhi He, Qiuyu Lai, Zhongjun Xia， Qingqing Cai. IL-2Rα up-regulation is mediated by latent membrane protein 1 and promotes lymphomagenesis and chemotherapy resistance in natural killer/T-cell lymphoma. Cancer Commun (2018) 38:62
6. Wang JH, Bi XW, Li PF, Xia ZJ, Huang HQ, Jiang WQ, Zhang YJ, Wang L (corresponding author). Overexpression of MYC and BCL2 Predicts Poor Prognosis in Patients with Extranodal NK/T-cell Lymphoma, Nasal Type. J Cancer. 2017 Feb 25;8 (5):793-800.
7. Wang L, Bi XW, Xia ZJ, Huang HQ, Jiang WQ and Zhang YJ. Radiation dose reduction for patients with extranodal NK/T-cell lymphoma with complete response after initial induction chemotherapy. OncoTargets and therapy. 2016; 9:5875-5881.
8. Wang L, Wang H, Li PF, Lu Y, Xia ZJ, Huang HQ, Zhang YJ. CD38 expression predicts poor prognosis and might be a potential therapy target in extranodal nk/t cell lymphoma, nasal type. Annals of hematology. 2015 Aug;94(8):1381-8.
9. Liang Y, Wang L(co-first author), Zhu Y, Lin Y, Liu H, Rao H, Xu G, Rong T: Primary pulmonary lymphoepithelioma-like carcinoma: Fifty-two patients with long-term follow up. Cancer 2012;118:4748-4758.
10. Wang L, Liao DZ, Zhang J, Xia ZJ, Peng XW, Lu Y: Clinical significance of serum soluble interleukin-2 receptor-alpha in extranodal natural killer/t-cell lymphoma (enktl): A predictive biomarker for treatment efficacy and valuable prognostic factor. Medical oncology 2013;30:723.
11. Wang L, Lin Y, Long H, Liu H, Rao H, He Y, Rong T, Liang Y: Esophageal carcinosarcoma: A unique entity with better prognosis. Annals of surgical oncology 2013;20:997-1004.
12. Wang L, Liu P, Chen X, Geng Q, Lu Y: Serum neuron-specific enolase is correlated with clinical outcome of patients with non-germinal center b cell-like subtype of diffuse large b-cell lymphoma treated with rituximab-based immunochemotherapy. Medical oncology 2012;29:2153-2158.
13. Wang L, Liu P, Geng Q, Chen X, Lv Y: Prognostic significance of neuron-specific enolase in patients with diffuse large b-cell lymphoma treated with rituximab-based immunochemotherapy. Leukemia & lymphoma 2011;52:1697-1703.Liang Wang, M.D. Page 3 of 3
14. Wang L, Wang WD, Xia ZJ, Zhang YJ, Xiang J, Lu Y: Combination of gemcitabine, l-asparaginase, and oxaliplatin (gelox) is superior to epoch or chop in the treatment of patients with stage ie/iie extranodal natural killer/t cell lymphoma: A retrospective study in a cohort of 227 patients with long-term follow-up. Medical oncology 2014;31:860.
15. Wang L, Xia ZJ: Combination of albumin-bound paclitaxel and pegylated liposomal doxorubicin is effective in treatment of heavily treated relapsed/refractory diffuse large b -cell lymphoma: A case report. Leukemia & lymphoma 2013;54:2553-2555.
16. Wang L, Xia ZJ, Huang HQ, Lu Y, Zhang YJ: Cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone (chop) in the treatment of stage ie/iie extranodal natural killer/t cell lymphoma, nasal type: 13-year follow-up in 135 patients. International journal of hematology 2012;96:617-623.
17. Zhang W, Wang L(co-first author), Zhou D, Cui Q, Zhao D, Wu Y: Expression of tumor -associated macrophages and vascular endothelial growth factor correlates with poor prognosis of peripheral t-cell lymphoma, not otherwise specified. Leukemia & lymphoma 2011;52:46-52.